Welcome to the Future 500 Fellowship
As part of the Equity@Scale initiative, the Fellowship empowers leaders–both men and women– with access to knowledge, networks, capital and resources to transform the world for women’s empowerment.
In partnership with the Australian government, the Fellowship aims to mobilize $10 Million in investment capital for high-impact enterprises from across the Asia-Pacific. We aim to accelerate the growth of inclusive businesses to advance the UN Sustainable Development Goal 5–Gender Equality–an enabler and accelerator for all 17 SDGs.
Access free online short courses on Investment Readiness, receive a first-of-its-kind Digital Impact Assessment and more
Who is it for?
The Future 500 Fellowship is an immersive leadership development program that scales groundbreaking solutions from around the world to catalyze social and environmental change. We identify innovators and shape them into becoming global impact leaders of tomorrow.
Our Fellows are absolute visionaries daring to step up and build gender transformative businesses. They are part of enterprises that must have compelling business models that are innovative, inclusive and forward-looking and demonstrate deep commitments in improving the livelihoods of their communities through social and environmental impact. To become effective leaders, Individual fellows must have the entrepreneurial attitude, mindset and approach in driving impact to change the world.
After completing your registration here, you will then be directed to fulfil the Fellowship prerequisite and access the first program component – human capital.
IIX is democratizing worldwide access to business learning through a first of its kind, free, online Investment Readiness and Impact Assessment Course, curated with practical content that will guide you through the basics of marketing to the preparation of business plans and financial models. Do note that only graduates of the course are eligible to apply for the Fellowship Program.
Shortlisted candidates can gain access to IIX’s digital Impact Assessment Report which enables any business—large or small—to understand the impact they are making on their communities.
IIX will leverage its unique ecosystem approach in providing Fellows with a transformational experience as they are supported with capital – human, social, financial and economic – at scale.
- Access customized assessment of your business needs as part of your journey to raising capital
- Qualify for our award-winning enterprise technical assistance program IIX ACTS and access a suite of investment readiness services valued over $100,000
- Access IIX Capital Raise Assessment and Support to ascertain your financing options
- Access Impact Partners–one of the world’s largest crowdfunding platforms for impact investing with over 1,200 global accredited impact investors and over US$12B Assets Under Management
- Access specialists (lawyers, accountants, tax specialists) who are qualified to support mission-focused impact enterprises
- Free access to our online courses– world-class business education programs designed by IIX Impact Institute
- Access our valuable network of business leaders from the Future 500 Network
- Attend an in-person Leadership Workshop held in Indonesia with leading experts in your field (flights and accommodation covered)
- Free access to at least one industry event with investors/corporates each year for two years
- Promotion and visibility to a network of 43,000 impact stakeholders through bi-monthly Future 500 newsletter; opportunity to leverage this network for talent acquisition to grow your business
Criteria for Selection
Your business must be:
- Innovating solutions that improve the lives of communities through social and environmental impact
- Currently positioned in early- to growth- stage of the business cycle
- Operating in Asia-Pacific with priority given to those in Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia, and the Pacific Island Countries
- Looking to raise up to US$1 Million in investment capital
- Currently generating annual revenues of at least US$100,000
- Must be willing to work with IIX in the long run through an equity agreement
As an individual, you must:
- Be either an entrepreneur or an organizational builder*
- Demonstrate curiosity, commitment, and passion
- Articulate achievable goals for the short- and long-term
- Show willingness to improve women’s livelihoods
- Hold leadership capacity in your organization that supports strategic planning and execution
*An entrepreneur is the leader of an operation with the founding vision to scale social and environmental impact
An organizational builder is a mid- to top-level professional that leads the rm’s growth in social and environmental impact.
Can more than one person from my enterprise apply?
We do not allow multiple applications representing the same company. However, we allow non-founders and those who do not sit in C-suite positions to apply on behalf of the company, as long as you hold the leadership capacity that supports strategic planning and support.
When is your application deadline?
Application deadline for the first cohort falls on the 26th of September 2019 at 11:59pm SST (Singapore Standard Time).
Can I apply even if I’ve not completed the courses?
Unfortunately not as we have made the online short course Investment Readiness and Impact Assessment a prerequisite to the Fellowship application. Furthermore, the course entails completion of 2 assignments which you will need to submit as part of your Fellowship application.
What happens if I get rejected?
Fret not, we will keep your profile on our register for a period of 2 years to encourage you to reapply for future cohorts should your business grow sufficiently to be eligible.
Am I eligible if my enterprise is not women-focused?
Yes, we will consider enterprises who have yet to integrate women in their business model, as long as you hold the willingness to adopt a gender transformative mindset and improve women’s livelihoods through your business impact.