Welcome to the Future 500 Fellowship
The Future 500 Fellowship is an immersive leadership development program that scales groundbreaking solutions from around the world to catalyze social and environmental change. We identify innovators and support them to become global impact leaders of tomorrow.
Who is it for?
Our Fellows are absolute visionaries daring to step up and build gender transformative businesses. They have compelling business models and solutions that are innovative, inclusive and forward-looking and demonstrate deep commitments to improving the livelihoods of their communities through social and environmental impact. To become effective leaders, fellows must have an inclusive attitude, mindset and approach in driving impact to change the world.
IIX will leverage its unique ecosystem approach in providing Fellows with a transformational experience as they are supported with capital – human, social, financial and economic – at scale.
- Access customized assessment of your business needs as part of your journey to raising capital
- Qualify for our award-winning enterprise technical assistance program IIX ACTS and access a suite of investment readiness services valued over $180,000
- Access IIX Capital Raise Assessment and Support to ascertain your financing options
- Access Impact Partners–one of the world’s largest crowdfunding platforms for impact investing with over 1,200 global accredited impact investors and over US$12B Assets Under Management
- Access specialists (lawyers, accountants, tax specialists) who are qualified to support mission-focused impact enterprises
- Access to a first-of-its-kind digital Impact Assessment Report
- Access to our online courses– world-class business education programs designed by IIX Impact Institute
- Access our valuable network of business leaders from the Future 500 Network
- Attend an in-person Leadership Workshop with leading experts in your field (flights and accommodation covered)
- Free access to at least one industry event with investors/corporates each year for two years
- Promotion and visibility to a network of 43,000 impact stakeholders through our weekly newsletter
Criteria for Selection
Your business must be:
- Innovating solutions that improve the lives of communities through social and environmental impact
- Currently positioned in early- to growth- stage of the business cycle
- Operating in Asia-Pacific with priority given to those in Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia, and the Pacific Island Countries
- Looking to raise up to US$1 Million in investment capital
- Currently generating annual revenues of at least US$100,000
- Must be willing to work with IIX in the long run through an equity agreement
As an individual, you must:
- Be either an entrepreneur or an organizational builder*
- Demonstrate curiosity, commitment, and passion
- Articulate achievable goals for the short- and long-term
- Show willingness to improve women’s livelihoods
- Hold leadership capacity in your organization that supports strategic planning and execution
*An entrepreneur is the leader of an operation with the founding vision to scale social and environmental impact
An organizational builder is a mid- to top-level professional that leads the firm’s growth in social and environmental impact.
Can more than one person from my enterprise apply?
We do not allow multiple applications representing the same company. However, we encourage non-founders and those who do not sit in C-suite positions to apply on behalf of the company, as long as you hold the leadership capacity that supports strategic planning and support or are part of a journey to drive gender equality within your enterprise.
When is your application deadline?
Application deadline for the first cohort falls on the 26th of September 2019 at 11:59pm SST (Singapore Standard Time).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the cohort class is full, so you are encouraged to submit as early as possible.
Can I apply even if I’ve not completed the courses?
The Investment Readiness and Impact Assessment course is free and a prerequisite to the Fellowship application. Furthermore, the course entails completion of 2 assignments (a business plan and a financial model) which will be requested as part of your supporting documents in the Fellowship Application form. You may submit existing business plans and financial models should you already have them completed.
What happens if I get rejected?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If the current year’s cohort class is full, you are encouraged to still submit as early as possible so that you may be considered for future cohorts.
Am I eligible if my enterprise is not women-focused or women-led?
Yes, we will consider enterprises who have yet to integrate gender into their business model, as long as you hold the willingness to adopt a gender transformative mindset and improve women’s livelihoods through your journey in the Fellowship program.
Is the Fellowship only open to women?
We encourage everyone, men and women, to apply for the Fellowship program.
Will business materials submitted for the Future 500 Fellowship application be confidential?
Business materials submitted under the Equity@Scale program will remain property owned by the enterprise and will not be shared with third parties without approval from the enterprise.